Friday, November 10, 2006

Affiliate Marketings Attraction

For almost a year now, I've been involved in the Paid-To-Surf Industry. I've built down lines in programs, I've made money, I've lost some. I even wrote an e-book about the "industry".

Being involved as long as I have, I've seen many programs fall. I've seen many people lose money instead of make money online. These people are all the same as me. They were looking for a way to earn money online. They saw the potential, but were blinded by the $$$$ and missed the risk involved. Having said this, I'm still a fan of a couple select PTS sites. I won't go into that here, because that isn't what I'm talking about in this blog.

Only recently did I come across "The Rich Jerk" in one of these surfing programs. I'd seen it before. I'd read most of it. I don't know what attracted me to read it again. Eventually, after pondering getting sucked into another internet scam, I decided to make the purchase. I read the entire book. I checked out their forums (I LOVE FORUMS!!). I thought about what he was saying (or at least what his marketing department was saying :) )

While searching around on ClickBank for a "niche", I came across "Breakthrough Money Making Secrets Revealed" by Holly Mann. I bought it, I read it. Now, I can't get enough information about affiliate marketing. I can't learn enough about blogs, SEO, AdSense, AdWords, Articles, etc.

Why?

This is something that the average "online money maker" can do. Perhaps not something they can be as successful as the gurus out there. But success should be defined individually. Reaching almost 50 subscribers on one of my latest sites is something I consider successful. By some standards, that might be considered low. But to me, I considered in a months time 50 subscribers in a niche market awesome!

In affiliate marketing, you get to sell other peoples products for them. It's win win. You don't have to create something yourself, and you make money.

Designing Web Sites these days are as simple as creating a Word Document in most cases. Designing an SEO site isn't the easiest thing in the world until you're knowledgeable in that arena. As you create a site, you can go back and work on these "tweaks" as you learn more. You don't have to start out huge.

There are many to follow that have been huge successes online. Study them. Learn from them. Google Search Engine is your friend! Find a forum with a warm community to ask questions and learn from the pros. Remember my philosophy -- The only dumb questions are the questions not asked (or the questions already answered by using the "search" function). The internet is HUGE place!! Don't let anyone tell you there's not room for you.

Here is a starting place for anyone interested in achievements in life:
  • Set Goals.
    • This is the first step in anything
  • Write them down.
    • If you don't, they'll be lost in lifes obstacles.
  • Believe you can attain them!
    • What you believe, you can achieve!
  • Start working toward your goals.
    • Baby steps. Learn from mentors. (There are many in Affiliate Marketing)

What's a starting point for the aspiring Affiliate Marketer? I'd say start with the Holly Mann's e-book and follow the lead of a leader!

No comments: